Balustrades are commonly used in both buildings and homes and in support of balconies, staircases, etc. While balustrades can be constructed from a variety of materials such as stone, stainless steel, iron, chrome, and wood, the glass balustrade has become extremely popular over the last decade.
The frameless glass balustrade held together with balustrade clamps is particularly popular and offers an array of modern architectural benefits. Here’s a closer look at what a glass balustrade has to offer.
- Adds Beauty to Every Building: Glass naturally adds an elegant and sophisticated touch to any home or business space. Glass reflects and plays with light, easily adding a simple and clean beauty to an entire structure. Elegant layers of glass can also raise the value of your home.
- Allows For Natural Light: Glass balustrades have gained their popularity by the ample light that they allow. Light easily passes through the glass, making it possible for your guests to see their entire surroundings. Glass balustrades complement architectural features, gardens, and pool areas and ensure that every gorgeous view is preserved.
- Easy Maintenance: Many people appreciate how easy it is to clean frameless glass balustrades. Other materials can be cumbersome to clean due to their intricate designs and textures. Glass maintains a smooth and timeless finish that can look impeccably clean in just a few minutes.
- Provides the Illusion of More Space: Frameless glass balustrades give the illusion of more space within a building. Unobstructed views from see-through glass make a room or area appear much larger than it really is. This is something that simply cannot be achieved with iron, chrome, and metal options.
- Versatile in Design: One of the greatest benefits of glass balustrades is the versatility that they offer. Frameless glass can be paired with other materials, textures, colours, and framing options. No matter what your décor is, glass is the perfect option.
- High Durability: It’s a common misconception that glass is delicate. On the contrary, glass is an extremely durable material. In many ways, glass is even more durable than wood. It continues to maintain its quality and durability over time. This investment will last for decades.
- Easy Installation: Glass balustrades are easy to install compared to other materials. Some designs only consist of a railing, glass balustrade clamps, and glass panels, meaning that they can be constructed in no time at all.
- Eco-Friendly: Glass is chemically inert and recyclable, making it a highly eco-friendly material for balustrade construction. While metal is subject to corrosion over time and can emit harmful substances, glass never has these types of problems.